Are you interested in smiling with confidence again? Do you worry about being at an elevated risk of tooth decay due to overlapping teeth in your mouth? Are you interested in orthodontic solutions but concerned about having visible braces on your teeth? Invisalign is a great answer to all these situations! If you are ready to love the way that your smile looks, it might be time to explore Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative system of progressive thin, clear dental aligners. These aligners are placed in your mouth to gradually adjust your teeth into the desired position over time. The unique plastic material used to create Invisalign trays is designed to be comfortable and gently move your teeth without pain or discomfort.
Many people opt for Invisalign instead of traditional braces because it is virtually invisible, it does not require brackets to be molded to the surface of your teeth, and you can often get great results in a shorter period of time. Invisalign can be used to address a wide variety of orthodontic concerns.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign remains so popular partially because of how versatile it is. While we cannot guarantee that Invisalign is perfect for every patient’s needs, there are some things that indicate you might be a great candidate for this treatment. As always, make an appointment with your orthodontist for a personalized consultation. Some of the specific orthodontic situations that Invisalign aligners can be appropriate for include:
- Gap in teeth
- Underbite, overbite, and crossbite issues depending on the severity
- An open bite
- And more!
In some situations, traditional braces might be a better fit for you than Invisalign aligners. Your orthodontist in Shreveport can let you know if you have a particularly complex case or if your needs are not suitable for clear aligners.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign Aligners?
When you are deciding what type of orthodontic treatment to pursue, there are a variety of factors that you should consider. Some of the benefits of Invisalign clear aligners include:
- Invisalign clear aligners are designed to be virtually invisible when you’re wearing them.
- Invisalign trays are created with a unique material that provides a snug fit without making you. Every tray is made of smooth plastic that doesn’t poke your gums or the rest of your mouth.
- Because you can remove Invisalign trays for meals, you do not need to worry about modifying your diet in the same way that you might need to for traditional braces.
- In many cases, Invisalign treatment takes a shorter period of time to complete when compared to traditional braces. If you want great results in a shorter period, Invisalign might be a perfect fit for your situation. Of course, you’ll need to speak with your orthodontist to get a treatment timeline that has been specifically created for you.
- The clear aligner trays that you receive are removable. As a result, you can thoroughly clean the surface of your teeth and the trays themselves.
If you are ready to learn more about Invisalign, you can speak with your orthodontist to schedule a consultation. They will be able to review your overall oral health and discuss any questions or concerns that you might have.